Are you interested in learning more about becoming a
Creighton Model FertilityCare™ Medical Consultant?
The FertilityCare™ Medical Consultant portion of this program is formally affiliated with Creighton Universality. The program is accredited by the America Academy of FertilityCare™ Professionals and places the student into the position of becoming certified as a FertilityCare™ Medical Consultant by that same academy. The program is approved for over 120 cognates of continuing education credit on a yearly basis by the America College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Or in becoming a member of the Fellowship Program?
The Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction under the direction of Thomas W. Hilgers, MD, has established a one-year fellowship training program in Medical and Surgical NaProTECHNOLOGY.
The purposes of this fellowship are the following:
- To provide an opportunity for obstetrician-gynecologists who have completed their residency to acquire additional skills in approaches to the treatment of women’s health problem which are designed to cooperate with the menstrual and fertility cycle.
- This would include advanced study in reproductive endocrinology and its application to such conditions as infertility, repetitive miscarriage, premenstrual syndrome, postpartum depression, recurrent ovarian cysts, etc.
- This fellowship would also expose the individual to the surgical procedures and specialized techniques which are specifically designed both endoscopically and via open laparotomy approaches to be “near adhesion free” procedures.
- The individual physician would have the potential to become eligible for certification through the American Academy of FertilityCare™ Professionals as a FertilityCare™ Medical Consultant.
- The program would be conducted entirely within the scope of Catholic reproductive and sexual ethics consistent with the founding principles of the Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction.
The director of this fellowship program is Thomas W. Hilgers, MD, Dip. ABOG, ABLS, SRS. Dr. Hilgers is a board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist who trained at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine and Medical College of Ohio at Toledo. He is published extensively in the fields related to human reproduction, reproductive endocrinology, and the various aspects of the menstrual cycle that are important in the natural regulation of human fertility. He is currently a Senior Medical Consultant in Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at the Pope Paul VI Institute and serves as its Director. He is a clinical professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Creighton University. In 1995, he received a lifetime appointment to the Pontifical Academy for Life, given by Pope John Paul II.